Koori Curriculum Club Access
- Unit Price
Choose from Individual access or Group access via the buttons above
The Koori Curriculum Club is an online community for educators to build their cultural capacity and confidence. Each month will bring new content across a range of topics that will inspire educators to think creatively of the many ways that they can embed Aboriginal perspectives in their program.
The Koori Curriculum Club includes:
- Register for Live Mentoring with Jessica Staines: Members can register for a live mentoring session where the Director of the Koori Curriculum Jessica Staines will offer advice and custom strategies to help overcome challenges that they may face.
- Monthly Masterclasses with Expert Speakers: Inside the Koori Curriculum Club, you'll find 16 masterclasses from experts from around Australia + 12 more incredible masterclasses ready for release over the next 12 months
- Monthly Lesson Plans: The Koori Curriculum Club contains lesson plans covering; Birds, Insects, Animals, Identity, Bush Tucker, Embedding Aboriginal Perspectives, How to Talk to Children about Art, Dinosaurs and so much more...
- Monthly Fact Sheets: The Koori Curriculum Club contains fact sheets covering: Numeracy, Literacy, NAIDOC, Babies, Art Books, Traditional Aboriginal Seasons, Music and so much more...
- A Huge Library of Masterclasses and Resources: New members gain instant access to all content that has been added to the membership + all new content across their 12-month access
- Access to our Top Webinars in our Learning Catalogue: including Embedding Aboriginal Perspectives, Aboriginal Art in Early Childhood, Bush Tucker Webinar Series, Acknowledgement of Country, Reconciliation Action Plans, NAIDOC Week, Challenging the Culture of Celebrations, Top 30 Tips for 30 Days & Top Questions Answered
- Book Club for Educators & Children's Book in Focus: Some titles include: Sand Talk, Australia Day, My Tidda My Sister, Sorry Day, Alfie's Big Wish, Napangardi's Bush Tucker Walk.
What Educators are saying about the Koori Curriculum Club:
"I love everything about the KCC !!! And I particularly love it when I listen to Jessica Staines yarning about various topics. I feel this is a great way to keep those current and important topics fresh in our minds. Keep up the amazing work you are doing Jess!" - Connie Auddino
"I love the masterclasses and lesson plans to help springboard my thinking. I find the information invaluable in the club" - Kristine Willems
"I have found this club to be so fabulous and just mindblowing. Each time I log on I am learning more and more as the resources, questions and masterclasses are of exceptional quality and full of in-depth information. Thank you for all your hard work in sharing with us all." - Leanne Fleet
"I’m loving the diversity of presentation and resources and the different links etc. I’ve already shared some of these to staff and families. You’ve brought in lots of perspectives to the topic!" - M. Omeragic
"Loving the masterclasses, lots of information to unpack and use. The information so far has been very practical and I have been using it at the centre I work. Thank you for all the rich information you’ve provided I am learning a lot." - Clare
"The content is so valuable and we just adapt the lesson plans as we need. I’ve managed to adapt them so that they’re appropriate for children in the learning support unit quite easily." – Rhi Louise
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How do I access the Koori Curriculum Club after I purchase?
A: After you purchase your membership you will be sent a series of emails:
- An order confirmation email with receipt of purchase
- An email with your login details to the membership platform
- A welcome email with useful information on your membership
These emails can take up to 2 business hours after your purchase to arrive. After you have received the final welcome email your access to the Koori Curriculum Club will be complete and you will be able to access all of the content.
Q: What themes and topics will be included in the Koori Curriculum Club?
A: We can confirm the following topics will be explored as part of the Koori Curriculum Club:
- Invasion Day vs Australia Day
- Working with Aboriginal Families & Communities
- World Water Day
- Reconciliation Week
- Acknowledgment of Country
- Art & Aboriginal Artists
- Embedding an Aboriginal Perspective
And more to come!
Q: Who will be presenting the Masterclass sessions?
A: The following presenters will be sharing Masterclasses as part of the Koori Curriculum Club over 2022:
- Belinda Rule: What Embedding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Perspectives Looks Like
- Alistair Gibbs: Anti-Bias Education
- Dr. Melinda Miller: Cultural Security and Cultural Safety
- David Pullen: Aboriginal Music
- Tristan Tipps-Webster & Joshua Mark Gilbert: Reconciliation: Truth, Equity, Healing
- Dr. Tyson Yunkaporta: The Power of Collective Truth
- Clarence Bruinsma & Adam Byrne: Bush to Bowl
- Mel Brown: Child Care Trauma
- Linda Augusto: Indigenous Literacy Foundation
- Blak Douglas: Art & Sole
- Dr Leanne Holt: Talking Strong
- Narelle Neville and Jennifer McCormack: Nature Connection Through Bush Kinder
And more to come!
Q: How long are the Masterclass sessions?
A: Each Masterclass will be a minimum of 30 mins in length up to 60 mins.
Q: Are all Koori Curriculum webinars included in the membership?
A: No. The following webinars are included with a Koori Curriculum Club membership: Embedding Aboriginal Perspectives, Aboriginal Art in Early Childhood, Bush Tucker Webinar Series, Acknowledgement of Country, Reconciliation Action Plans, NAIDOC Week, Challenging the Culture of Celebrations, Top 30 Tips for 30 Days & Top Questions Answered
Q: Is there a payment plan?
A: Yes, via AfterPay. Choose AfterPay at check out for more details
Q: I work at a Primary School. Would the membership still be relevant?
A: The Koori Curriculum Club is targeted towards early childhood educators. However, many primary teachers find the information transferable to their context.
Looking at the masterclass presenters coming up this year a lot of their content would be applicable. Where you might find shortcomings in the lesson plans and suggested activities and experiences as these again will be tailored towards a younger age group.
Q: Is there a group rate?
A: Yes, for groups of 4 to 10 people, the rate is $1350. Please note that groups of less than 4 are advised to purchase individual tickets as this will be more cost effective. For groups of more than 10 people, please purchase a combination of individual and group tickets, or multiple group tickets.
Q: I purchased a group ticket, how do I get my team to access the Koori Curriculum Club?
Q: How long is my access valid for once I purchase?
A: All members receive 12 months access.
Q: Do you offer refunds on memberships?
A: We are confident that once you join our membership you'll be sure you made the right decision. If you any reason you change your mind, there is a 7 day cooling off period after you have joined. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: Who do I contact for any queries?
A: You can reach us at email@example.com and one of our team will respond within 24 hours.
Q: Are the Masterclass sessions live and do I need to attend live, or will recordings be available?
A: Masterclass sessions are prerecorded so that we can edit the videos to make the experience as seamless as possible. Therefore all Masterclass sessions once released into the Koori Curriculum Club can be watched anytime. You are not required to join these live.
Q: Are copies of the Book Club books included in my membership?
A: No. To keep the membership as cost effective as possible, we do not provide copies of the recommended books. However, all Koori Curriculum Club members gain access to a special VIP discount that provides a 20% on all books in the Koori Curriculum store.
Q: Are copies of the Storytime books included in my membership?
A: No. To keep the membership as cost effective as possible, we do not provide copies of the Storytime books. However, all Koori Curriculum Club members gain access to a special VIP discount that provides a 20% on all books in the Koori Curriculum store.
Q: How do I register for the live mentoring session with Jessica Staines?
A: Inside the Koori Curriculum Club is a link to register for the live mentoring session. We cannot make this link publicly available so please login to the membership once you complete your purchase and register using the form provided.
Q: If I win a live mentoring session with Jessica Staines, can I include my team?
A: No. Live Mentoring sessions within the Koori Curriculum Club are for individuals only. If you would like to book a session for your team, please see our virtual workshops here.
Q: Is the content in the Koori Curriculum Club NESA accredited?
As of 5th February 2021, NESA deregistered all early childhood providers and any courses they had accredited, this included any offered by the Koori Curriculum.
Information about the new processes for accreditation of PD courses, including course content criteria, is expected to be available on the NESA website around mid-July 2021 and applications will open shortly after that time. We aim to applying for accreditation during this time.
Early Learning Educators are able to log completed hours under Elective PD course hours as they will count equally for teachers who are completing their Maintenance of Accreditation in 2021 and 2022: https://www.educationstandards.nsw.edu.au/wps/portal/nesa/teacher-accreditation/meeting-requirements/maintaining-accreditation/maintenance-transition-arrangements
Should you have any further queries on this, please reach out to the Department of Education directly on +61 2 9367 8291 or email on PD@nesa.nsw.edu.au